10 of Ghil`ad Zuckermann's
Favourite Palindromic Sentences
(1) SATAN, OSCILLATE MY METALLIC SONATAS.
(2) DOC NOTE, I DISSENT. A FAST NEVER PREVENTS A FATNESS.
I DIET ON COD.
(3) GO HANG A SALAMI, I'M A LASAGNA HOG.
(4) O MORDO TUA NUORA O ARO UN AUTODROMO.
(Italian for 'Either I bite your daughter-in-law, or I plough a racetrack.')
(5) ERANO DADI TARATI DA DONARE.
(Italian for 'There were set-up/defected dice to be given.')
(6) EIN NEGER MIT GAZELLE ZAGT IM REGEN NIE.
(German for 'A negro with a gazelle never hesitates in the rain.')
(7) EINE TREUE FAMILIE BEI LIMA FEUERTE NIE.
(German for 'A loyal family near Lima never fired.')
(8) DÁBALE ARROZ A LA ZORRA EL ABAD.
(Spanish for 'The abbot gave rice to the vixen.')
Consider also the (shaatnez, macaronic) interlinguistic
(9) VIVA LE TE DE TEL AVIV 'Long live Tel Aviv tea',
cf. Spanish Viva el té de Tel Aviv, and French Vive le thé de Tel Aviv.
Two-dimensional palindromes include:
(10) SATOR AREPO TENET OPERA ROTAS.
Latin for 'Arepo the sower holds his cart with difficulty.'
S A T O R
A R E P O
T E N E T
O P E R A
R O T A S